Today is the official start of our Forevermark Diamond Week! We’re excited to see all the latest diamond designs from our Forevermark designers, like Memoire, Ritani, A.Link and A. Jaffe. But while all these diamonds are at their glittering best right now, all good diamonds will need some sparkling up after they’ve been worn for a while. These days there seems to be lots products and solutions to clean your precious diamond jewelry. We’ve seen everything from liquid solutions and soaps to sprays and even cleaning pens. So what is the most effective way to clean your diamond jewelry at home and let it sparkle like it once did?
We recently discussed a few different cleaning solutions with our in-house jeweler. He recommends avoiding the products and gimmicks of special cleaners. He was able to gives us the most effective technique to clean your valuable diamonds right at home. Here are the steps to bring your diamonds back to life.
1. Heat water to boiling temperature.
2. Take caution and transfer the hot water to a small cup or mug.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of ammonia and 1 tablespoon of mild dishwashing soap.
4. Carefully drop in your diamond jewelry and let it sit for a few minutes.
5. Use an old toothbrush and gently brush your diamonds from different angles and directions. Remember that the more light that the diamond can let in and reflect the more it will sparkle. So make sure to clean every side of the diamond. As you brush the diamond make sure to swish the diamond around in the solution to rinse off dirt and grease.
6. Rinse diamonds under hot water to clean off any leftover grime and cleaner.
7. Let air dry or dry with a soft and non-abrasive towel.
8. Wear your cherished diamonds and let them dazzle like once before.
The reason behind this simple mixture of boiling water, ammonia, and dishwashing soap is the powerful solution it creates to loosen and dissolve dirt and grease. Our jeweler explains that this technique is the oldest and still the best technique today to clean your diamond jewelry at home.
While this solution is best at home, another option to keep in mind is our professional cleaning services. A professional cleaning at our stores includes a service of an ultrasonic cleaner and steam cleaning that provides an even cleaning while eliminating all debris that brushes cannot get to.
Any jewlery purchased at King Jewelers or kings1912.com comes with complimentery cleanings for your jewlery. Didn’t purchase your diamonds from us? No worries, we will still give your treasured diamonds the best professional cleanings free of charge.
King Jewelers is an official Forevermark authorized retailer in the United States. Forevermark diamond engagement rings, Forevermark diamond jewelry and loose Forevermark diamonds are represented in all sizes and shapes. Forevermark diamonds are available at the Green Hills location in Nashville, TN, at the Aventura location in Miami, FL, and on-line at our Forevermark page. For more information, please visit the Forevermark website.
Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates and releases
Thank you for subscribing to your newsletter. We’ll keep you posted on the latest news and updates with King Jewelers.
Based on your recently viewed products
Doves Equestrian Jewelry for Horse LoversOctober 4, 2023
New Longines Mini DolceVita Watches for WomenSeptember 28, 2023
Gift Ideas for Men Under $1000 DollarsSeptember 21, 2023
September Birthstone Jewelry: SapphiresSeptember 6, 2023
Enter your email address below, and if an account exists, we’ll send you a link to reset your password.
Need help with your ring size? Read our article here. Don't see your size? Contact us!Add to bag
Need help with your ring size? Read our article here. Don't see your size? Contact us!Add to favorites